COUNTY TO VOTE ON TOTAL GUN BAN
While We’re Out Christmas Shopping
Early next week, as the rest of us recover from our turkey-induced comas, see off our visiting relatives and munch on Thanksgiving leftovers, some Alamance County Commissioners are planning an activity that does not conjure an image of so much Americana. Unfortunately, it appears that a few of the commissioners (Manning, Massey & Smith) are still scheming to sneak an anti-gun ordinance through while their constituents are distracted by holiday travel and Christmas shopping. This is certainly not in the spirit of the holidays.
Last week, GRNC informed its supporters that the Alamance County Commissioners were considering an ordinance to enact a total gun ban in county buildings by banning open carry (concealed carry is already banned). Unfortunately, after hearing from gun owners, rather than doing the right thing, some of the commissioners apparently continue to seriously consider a gun ban, and they are planning a vote on such an ordinance this Monday morning.
Give Thanks by Standing Up for Your Rights
There is no time more appropriate than Thanksgiving to reflect on the fact that we live in a place where our Natural rights are recognized and protected. What better way to give thanks for being blessed in this way than to stand up for those rights? Please contact the County Commissioners and let them know that you will not tolerate an infringement on the gun rights of every citizen in Alamance County just because of the prejudices of a few.
Below you will find suggested text for an e-mail that you can send to the County Commissioners who are believed to still be supporting the gun ban. Use the copy-and-paste e-mail list provided to send them this critical message. Also, please attend the County Commission meeting this Monday morning. Details for the meeting are below as well.
If there was ever a time to send an e-mail, spread the word, attend a county meeting, and to not count on the “other guy” to stand up for your rights, this is it.
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!
County Commission Meeting Details
Copy & Paste *e-mail list for the Alamance County Commissioners:
PO Box 1854
Copy & Paste *e-mail list for the County Commissioners:
*No e-mail address available for Commissioner David I. Smith
Deliver This Message
Suggested Subject: "No Comprehensive Gun Ban for Alamance County"
Dear Alamance County Commissioners,
I understand that a comprehensive gun ban is still being seriously considered by the County Commission, and I am writing to inform you that any such ordinance would be a step in the wrong direction for Alamance County.
No one is more concerned for the safety of county workers than I am. In fact, promoting the safety of law-abiding citizens is precisely the reason I am taking the pro-freedom position on this issue.
I respectfully insist that you vote ‘no’ on any ordinance that would further restrict the Second Amendment rights of Alamance County citizens. The entire population of Alamance County should not be forced to endure a dangerous gun ban just because of the prejudices of a few.
I will be monitoring this issue via alerts from Grass Roots North Carolina.
P.S. It appears that Commissioner Smith does not have an e-mail address for conducting correspondence with the public. For that reason, I ask that you kindly pass my message along to him as well.
Support these PRO RKBA merchants who, as GRNC sponsors, are supporting your Second Amendment rights:
37 Public Shooting Range & Gun Club, 1333 Loop Road, Bunnlevel, NC 28323, 910-893-9887, www.range37.com
Point Blank Range, 743 River Highway, Mooresville, NC 28117, 704-230-0262, www.PointBlankRange.com
C & E Gun Shows, 4225 Fortress Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060; Phone 540-953-0016 or 888-715-0606; http://www.cegunshows.com/
Dixie Gun and Knife Shows, PO Box 21049, Raleigh, NC 27619, ph: 919-781-1287, www.dixiegunandknifeshow.com/
2A Friendly & NCGunOwners.com, North Carolina's friendliest firearm smartphone app and web forum, working to promote gun ownership in NC www.NCGunOwners.com & 2AFriendly.com
Handgunners, Inc., 4325 NC Hwy 49 South, Burlington, NC 27215, (336) 570-1015 www.handgunners.com
Sterling Pistols, custom pistols, FFL transfers, general repairs, Glock enhancements, 704-840-7625
Take Aim Training, Outdoor Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun, and Archery Range located in the heart of the Carolinas. We offer Concealed carry, hunter education, and many other courses. NC & SC firearms sales and transfers. Listen to the Take Aim Training Show or online www.wixe1190.com Thursdays 4-5PM. - www.takeaimtraining.com
MK Shows, Mike Kent, PO Box 685, Monroe, GA 30655,
, Phone: 770-630-7296, http://MKShows.com
Morris Firearms at Sportsman's Lodge, Great handgun prices. New and used guns. Stocking dealer for Glock, Smith & Wesson, SIG Sauer, Springfield Armory, Bond Arms, Ruger, Dan Wesson and more. Buy, sell & trade. Phone: 336-961-6800 Fax: 336-961-6801. www.gftc.com
The Blue Book Man, www.thebluebookman.com and www.thefirearmsguide.com
Holsters & Stuff, 4048 Sherwood Forest Drive, Trinity, NC 27370, (336) 313-6167 www.holstersandstuff.com
The Aisle Pawn Shop, 216 N. Main St., Mooresville, NC 28115, 704-663-5656
Duncan Gun & Pawn, 414 Second St., North Wilkesboro, NC 28659, 336-667-6303, www.duncangun.com
Shooter's Express, 2 Caldwell Dr., Belmont, NC 28012, 800-358-GUNS, www.shootersexpress.com
Vanguard Security Consulting, LLC, 19135 W. Catawba Ave, Cornelius, NC 28031
- GRNC Alert 11-20-13: Non-Incidents Spark County Gun Ban Discussion
- GRNC Alert 11-7-13: Town Council Poised to Violate State Law
- GRNC Alert 10-31-2013: Obama/ATF Divide & Conquer Tactics on Trust Transfers
- GRNC Alert 10-29-13: Raleigh Capitulates, Next Stop: Wilmington!
- GRNC Alert 10-27-13: Unlawful Gun Registry Halted / Sign Showdown
- GRNC Alert 10-17-13: Anti-gunners threaten to shut down Tiger Swan range
- GRNC Alert 10-14-13: Moms Press Staples for a Gun Ban
- GRNC Alert 10-8-13: Obama Still Trying To Ban Guns, Register Owners
- GRNC Alert 10-7-13: High Risk Restaurants
- GRNC Alert 10-2-13: Davidson College To Hold Public Gun Forum
- GRNC Alert 10-1-13: Use "NC Gun Blast" to Defend Restaurant Carry
- GRNC Alert 9-30-13: NCSBA and NCSBAC Presidents lie about attacks on state law!
- GRNC Alert 9-26-13: NC School Boards Assoc Uses YOUR MONEY To Attack Gun Rights
- GRNC Alert 09-24-13: Authorize.Net “De-Authorizes” Gun Sellers
- GRNC Alert 9-22-13: Your Pressure Pushes Municipalities Into Compliance
- GRNC Alert 9-14-13: Pitt Co. Proposes Recreational Complex Ban!
- GRNC Alert 9-13-13: City Thumbs Nose at Gun Owners
- GRNC Alert 9-11-13: Make Plans for 1st Annual GRNC/ 37 PSR Gun Club Meet & Greet!
- GRNC Alert 8-29-13: 1st Annual GRNC/ 37 PSR Gun Club Meet & Greet!
- GRNC Alert: 08-28-13 - Macon County School Board Considers Unlawful Gun Ban
- GRNC Alert: 08-25-13 - Defend Your Gun Rights at Mecklenburg Legislative Forum
- GRNC Alert 8-23-13: Gun owners stand with Starbucks
- GRNC Alert 8-22-13: Support Starbucks Saturday!
- GRNC Alert 7-23-13: You have won a great victory today!
- GRNC Alert 7-22-13: Republicans will be held responsible if HB 937 fails...